03 February 2014

Best and Worst Super Bowl Commercials of 2014

Best, in no particular order:

· That Bud Light one that made some of the people at my Super Bowl party laugh.
· Millard Fillmore singing with Ironic Smegma was genius.
· Nancy Reagan farting the FOX NFL jingle was mildly amusing.

I don’t actually remember any of the others. Oh wait—the last one I saw that was actually funny had Letterman, Leno, & Oprah on a couch. Can’t remember exactly when it played though.

Worst:

· That Bud Light one, ‘cause it made only the stupid people at my Super Bowl party laugh.
· The Queen of England deep throating Richard Sherman crossed the line, in the humble opinion of this writer.
· The ones where the ad execs were trying so hard to be clever that they not only failed in that endeavor, but no one even remembers the product (at last count, there were 188 of these).

6 comments:

that drunk girl at your party said...

The 1 about the dog who was doing the horse was just so...sniff...sweet...I just...WAHHHH!!!!

Boston White Guy said...

The game proved the superiority of the #pats! As for the ads, Larry Bird kicking MJ's ass in horse is the only good 1 I seen!

warner bros sucks arse said...

Big day for you yanks, eh? You got to bow down to your corporate overlords while watching your sad little stand-around version of "football." Now, if you will be so kind as to excuse me, I'm going to go play real football & do something called "working up a sweat."

E. ESTRADA said...

Look. They were all ok. I like the doritos one the best because I have traveled in time before to warn Jon about a dude that was gonna mess up his hair and maybe shoot him. Anyway, the truth is THEY ALL WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER IF THEY JUST WOULD HIRE ME TO DO THE DAMN ACTING!

the man owns your soul said...

you are all such morons, watching for the man. the man owns you. the man preys upon you and has sex with your wives and provides you offspring that you think are yours but are just more of the man. you cannot escape the man. the man owns you and dwells in your soul where you cannot rid yourself of it.

PS: I liked the puppy dog one

an ad exec/reviewer said...

I thought Maserati hit the right notes in strong characterization and nimble bittersweet a humorous little blend blah blah blah I'm so full of shit it's coming out of my ears.